You will be required:
- To identify and resolve problems with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- To undertake preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- To monitor, test and improve existing mechanical and electrical plant equipment and processes.
- To install mechanical and electrical equipment.
- To contribute to the improvement of OEE.
- To maintain housekeeping standards to the highest level.
- To ensure compliance with, and contribute to, the improvement of all health and safety measures and procedures.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To give advice on technical issues when required.
- To identify own training needs.
- To ensure a flexible and collaborative approach to collective goals.
- To ensure the negating of contamination risks.
- The Multi-Skilled Craft Technician provides resource to maintain production of expanded tobacco.
- The Multi-Skilled Craft Technician will be competent in a wide variety of tasks of mechanical and electrical engineering – mechanical workshop skills, hydraulics and pneumatics, welding.
- Electrical testing, plc use. The technician will be able to diagnose and rectify faults on all equipment and if not will be able to request technical advice from specialists on that equipment.
- The Multi-Skilled Craft Technician will provide a fully flexible approach.
- To be trained and competent in mechanical engineering.
- To be trained and competent in electrical engineering.
- To hold certificate for BS 7671 (C&G).
- To be trained in the maintenance and use of plc systems.
The successful candidates would demonstrate a strong desire to advance their engineering skills, would demonstrate a ‘can-do’ mentality, be inquisitive, flexible & proactive.
- The elimination of non-value adding activities
- Good inter-shift and cross-shift communication with all personnel - production, craft, administration and management
- Maintenance of housekeeping standards in all areas
- Observation/elimination of contamination risks
- A demonstrative desire to drive improvement with the factory environment
- Flexible approach
- Team player
- Self motivated with the will to drive personal development
- Positive attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong desire to improve upon the existing way of doing things
- GCSE Grade C or above in maths and English (or equivalent)
- No other formal qualifications are required but could be of benefit