This is an exciting opportunity to join the maintenance engineering team of a worldwide market leader in producing sponges and household cloths. You will diagnose and rectify maintenance faults on site whilst performing emergency and planned maintenance on the production and packaging machinery.
Some of your roles and responsibilites will include:
- Attending breakdowns within all areas of the factory
- Carrying out both electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Fault Finding on PLC’s, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Perform corrective maintenance and Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Open and closing of the site following a set procedure.
- Ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met.
- Basic maintenance of vehicles.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and efficiencies.
- Liaising with other departments.
- Completing weekly and monthly safety checks.
- Liaising with contractors following our work permit system.
- Ensuring engineering hygiene is followed.
- All equipment is left in a safe and clean condition and locked off if required.
(Please be aware you must be 18+ to apply for this vacancy due to the working hours)
You must have:
- A good level of Maths skills
- A basic level of engineering knowledge
You must be:
- Interested in Engineering
- Good at time keeping
- Able to use your own initiative
GCSE Grade C / 4 or above in Maths, English and Science