This is a fantastic opportunity available to develop your ability to undertake planned maintenance activities, investigate and diagnose failures, analyse issues and implement fully engineered solutions that target root causes to ensure the equipment operates at the required yield, whilst producing products that meet all specifications.
The prime responsibility of the Apprentice Maintenance Technician is to gain competence and confidence, undertake reactive & planned maintenance and the continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment - that combines pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, control & IT systems.
Key Responsibilities :
- To query / question always, in order to expand the apprentice’s knowledge base and to insure full understanding of work instructions given and any safety implications of such instructions.
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date logbook detailing training completed and work experience / competencies gained, to such a standard as required by the line management and external auditors.
- To diligently attend training courses and obtain a level of learning and performance that is exemplary.
- To submit for assessment a report detailing the learning’s from each project given or work placement to the satisfaction of line management and external auditors.
- To ensure that the designated work area is always maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
- Completion of all necessary administrative tasks.
- Maintenance of the engineering stores.
- Generation of detailed cad drawings and maintenance of the CAD drawing system.
- The care and maintenance of all Company documents, materials and other equipment under his/her control.
- Ensure Company E,H&S policies are adhered to at all times
- Participate if required in engineering activities scheduled during plant shutdowns e.g., Christmas / public holidays
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner, and maintain a good appearance acceptable to our customers and management
- The achievement of agreed personal objectives.
- Computer literate
- Mechanically adept.
- Clear and concise communication skills written and oral
Understanding of Engineering drawings
- Effective team worker
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Highly tuned attention to detail
Enjoys hands on work
- GCSE's Grade C/4 or above in Maths, English and Science