An ideal opportunity for someone looking for the chance to train in Precision Engineering in the world of Motor Sports. You will form part of a global outward looking team engineering the components manufactured at our HQ in Peterborough which are used to create our range of Radical Sports Cars. The role will encompass both CNC Milling and Turing.
- This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate who is looking for a career in the Engineering Manufacturing sector
- Training will encompass learning how to use different types of machine and hand tools, decipher engineering technical information and work with numerous material types
- Initially you will be assisting the more experienced members of the team whilst learning essential fundamentals, but over time this role will develop, and you will take on a greater level of responsibility and be able to work on your own
- Understanding technical drawings and information
- Preparing and using CNC machine tools
- Identifying and selecting appropriate machine tools and equipment
- Using precision engineering measuring equipment
- Using hand tools
- Identifying ways to improve engineering and manufacturing processes
- Contribute to effective team working
- Be able to demonstrate an aptitude for this type of work
- Have dexterity
- Have attention to detail and a logical approach to working
The ideal candidate will be committed, conscientious, reliable and keen to learn.
Ideally GCSE Grade C and above (or equivalent) maths, Science and English.
Things to consider
Please only apply for this apprenticeship if you have a genuine interest in this type of work.
You will be required to complete an initial assessment prior to your details being sent to the company.
You must be able to travel to the NITAL Training Centre in Kettering at least, once a week.