This brand new position requires will require you to undertake training and learning to allow proficiency in all aspects of the Machine Shop.
Some of your roles and responsiblities will include:
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and machinery to keep it in good repair including basic pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times.
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the engineering workshop.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machine tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning and milling, grinding and drilling.
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out.
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of measuring equipment.
- Training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) using proprietary software packages
- Attendance at NITAL on a day release basis leading to recognised qualifications.
You need to:
- Demonstarate an interest in engineering disciplines
- Be IT literate and familiar with Microsfot Word & Excel
- Have the ability to wok efficiently and accurately
- BE highly motivated
- Have an aptitude for practical science / engineering
- Have the ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
- Work with effciency, accuracy and be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative
- Have a high level of flexibility and dependability
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science