The main purpose of this role is to produce blank labels and convert printed material from master rolls and to rewind onto specified core sizes. To inspect and remove any faults from the reels of printed material. Also to package products ready for dispatch.
Some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Understand a job sheet.
- Pick the correct cutter and return to the correct place at the end of the job.
- Mount cutter onto magnetic cylinder and mount cylinder into label press.
- Load material onto label press, set web-guide and slitter knives.
- Set cutter pressure to correct level.
- Operate label press computer to set number of labels and mandrel tension etc.
- Produce labels or slit printed material according to job sheet.
- Watch for faults while running the label press and remove faults.
- Box rolls of labels according to job sheet.
- Mark up job sheet with box type used on new jobs.
- Ensure quantities of cores and boxes are correct on job sheet and mark up / correct where necessary.
- Enter production times on job sheet.
- Mark up job sheet with any errors found on job sheet.
- Keep working area tidy.
- Report any faults or problems with equipment used on fault report forms and pass to production supervisor.
- Look for ways to improve efficiency and discuss at team meetings
- Internal – Production Supervisor, Production Apprentices, Production Administrator.
Measurement & Benchmarking:
- To minimise quality complaints from customers
- To ensure production times are accurate.
You need to have:
- Good hand/eye co-ordination
- Able to read instruction clearly
You need to be:
- Hard Working
- Able to use your initiative
GCSE Grade 3 ( D ) or above in Maths, English and Science.