Undertake the apprenticeship and work towards becoming a qualified engineer. This will lead to carrying out engineering work on plant and service equipment, during and outside normal working hours, and enable the requirements of the Company to be achieved in an efficient and cost effective way.
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature may be required:
- To complete apprenticeship and all modules in set time.
- To obtain agreed pass levels annually
- Undertake all required training both a collage and Scott Bader to equip the apprentice with the skills to undertake the following:
- Maintain all plant and service equipment to a maintenance schedule to ensure optimum performance.
- Carry out repairs to sustain site service and maintain production.
- Monitor and maintain in conjunction with Production, all site services.
- Implement plant modifications to accommodate changes in processing procedures and new technology/techniques.
- Undertake capital work to provide increased capacity, production of new products and to meet environmental requirements.
- To undertake all identified and relevant training requirements both theoretical and practical to meet the legislated standards. Also to extend the training into other closely related activities to move towards multi-skilling.
- Work in a safe prescribed manner to comply with legislative guidelines and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To operate a Call-Out system to provide maintenance support outside of core hours.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to meet business objectives.
- Have a good level of practical skills
- Able to use Maths as part of your job role
- Have an inquisitive mind and show an interest in engineering
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - verbally and in writing
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths, Science and ICT