After 27 years, the Abrasive Wheels Regulations were revoked from the 5th December 1998. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER) 1998 Regulations have taken its place. The guidance to Regulation 12 of this law states; ‘’Providing information and training for workers in the correct handling and mounting of abrasive wheels, including pre-mounting and storing procedures is also necessary to reduce the risk of bursting’’.
As an employer there is still a legal requirement to train all staff who use and change abrasive wheels.
- Health and safety requirements
- Hazards and precautions
- Speed requirements
- Guards and work rests
- Composition and marking
- Care and control of wheels
- Storing, handling and transporting wheels
- Inspecting and testing wheels
- Mounting and balancing, dressing and truing
There are no prerequisites for this this course.
Delegates will be closely monitored and assessed by NITAL's skilled and experienced tutors. Successful delegates will receive NITAL certificate of attendance.
Potential course outcomes
- Health and safety requirements associated with abrasive wheels
- The safe removal and replacement of abrasive wheels
- Identification of different types of abrasive wheels
- Add course attendance to CPD
All delegates will be expected to supply their own safety footwear and suitable overalls/workwear when attending this course.