With many production assembly lines and automated facilities utilising hydraulics as a source of power when heavy loads and forces are required. It is essential that machine operators who work in and around these machines have a good understanding of the principles of hydraulic systems, so they can operate safely and effectively.
- Understand health & safety in hydraulic systems and apply safe working practices
- Demonstrate the safe isolation of work equipment and apply best practice
- Understand the basic principles of hydraulics (Units, pressure, flow, forces, etc)
- Identify a wide range of hydraulic components and their ISO 1219 symbols
- Understand the operation of hydraulic circuits and components
- Construct and test a range of functional hydraulic circuits
- Interpret circuit diagrams and demonstrate a logical approach to fault finding
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Delegates will be closely monitored and assessed by NITAL's skilled and experienced tutors. Successful delegates will receive NITAL certificate of attendance.
Potential course outcomes
- Increased awareness of workplace Health & Safety involving pneumatics
- Quicker fault location due to the operators increased awareness
- Increased communication between engineers and machine operators
- Add course attendance to CPD
All delegates will be expected to supply their own safety footwear and suitable overalls/workwear when attending this course.