- Understand health & safety in pneumatic systems and apply safe working practices
- Demonstrate the safe isolation of work equipment and apply best practice
- Understand the basic principles of pneumatics (Units, pressure, forces etc)
- Identify a wide range of pneumatic & electro-pneumatic components
- Identify related ISO 1219 symbols and interpret circuit diagrams
- Construct and test pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits
- Design and construct logic circuits in small groups to meet specific machine criteria
- Use visual indicators and manual overrides to check the operation of components
- Interpret circuit diagrams and demonstrate a logical approach to fault finding
- Understand how PLC’s are interfaced and used to control pneumatic systems
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Delegates will be closely monitored and assessed by NITAL's skilled and experienced tutors. Successful delegates will receive NITAL certificate of attendance.
Potential course outcomes
- Increased awareness of workplace Health & Safety involving pneumatics.
- Less reliance on contractors
- Reduced equipment downtime
- Quicker fault location due to the operators increased awareness.
- Increased communication between engineers and machine operators.
- Add course attendance to CPD
All delegates will be expected to supply their own safety footwear and suitable overalls/workwear when attending this course.